There are approximately 475 kindergarten through sixth grade students at Newport Elementary School.
Our vision for Newport Elementary is to be the leading provider of academic excellence in OrangeCounty. With our unique location, we will offer our students an environment with rich learning experiences. The library/media center will provide excellent resources that support student and staff learning. The highly qualified teachers will work together to provide a caring, learning environment. Students will be given the tools they need to be successful, life-long learners. Newport Elementary School will be known for its enhanced academics, state of the art technology, and exceptional programs in science, music, physical education, visual and performing arts; each taught by specialists in the field. After school enrichment courses and remediation will ensure that each individual’s needs are being met. Each child will have an opportunity to stretch and grow to their highest potential.
- We believe every child can learn.
- We believe teaching children to love learning is as important as teaching the academic content.
- We believe it is important to set high goals for students.
- We believe there should be equal opportunities for all students.
- We believe children need differentiated instruction.
- We believe learning is a lifelong endeavor, and that staff members model this belief.
- We believe students should be responsible, respectful citizens both at home and at school.
- We believe the school staff, family, and community have a synergistic effect on student learning.